Having a smooth and fuss-free client onboarding process is one of the major reasons behind sustaining a successful fitness coaching business. It is crucial to your business since it’s the very first process of your association with your client. It is the first step towards turning a short-term partnership into a potentially long-term relationship.
Being a fitness and wellness trainer goes beyond the conventional aspects of training today. As a trainer, your job is not limited to conducting sessions and receiving feedback. It is deeper than that, as it should.
Clients today expect more from you than showing up on the sessions and guiding them towards their fitness and wellness goals.
Having your fitness and wellness ebook is one of those expectations. As a trainer, an ebook is not just an added source of secondary income. It does so much more than filling your bank account.
A well-written fitness and wellness ebook replaces you and stays with your client in your absence. It is a friendly reminder of your association. It keeps you and your client intact even when the collaboration is over.
So, do you have an ebook that speaks directly to your clients? Or, you are a fitness and wellness trainer without an ebook for your clients?
Why do you need an Information product as a fitness and wellness trainer?
Creating an info product is not easy. It takes time. But, it has some great long-term benefits to reap. Once the product is complete, it is ready to speak about your personal story and your work experience.
An information product like an ebook does two things:
- It allows you to leverage your expertise and establish your credibility in your niche
- It paves way for your passive income
For every mindful business owner, credibility precedes financial wellness. Yes, good income is the goal. But, it’s better when your income levels up as the by-product of what you love to do.
As a fitness and wellness trainer, your passion is to help people become fit and healthy. You are driven by the happiness you feel when your clients achieve their health and wellness goals. Hence, income is secondary. The priority is to become the go-to person in your area of expertise. And an info product like an ebook is the most efficient step towards establishing your online presence.
How do you start writing your first fitness and wellness ebook?
As a fitness and wellness trainer, the simplest answer to this question would be: Creating content around fitness and wellness. So easy, right? Well, not really!
To begin with your first ebook, you need to be clear about two things.
- Your target audience: Your target audience is determined by the parameters like age, gender, geographical boundaries (If applicable), etc.
- The topic of the book: Once you have your target audience in mind you need to choose a topic that focuses on only one aspect of your business.
Your ebook cannot be a one-stop solution. It cannot be. Instead, it should solve one particular problem of one set of people in the market.
As a service provider, you need to understand this from your client’s perspectives and situations.
The human body is a miracle within itself. It is the home to gazillions of processes and phenomenons. Hence, a sane and practical approach to an outstanding guidebook as a fitness and wellness trainer is to focus on it one problem at a time.
If you have built an audience around your expertise, this means you have people who are willing to take your advice and implement it. All you have to do now is present those long lists of advice in an organized manner.
Remember, people relate to people. And, the best way to put an ebook together is to present your personal stories. Because no matter how forward we go towards digitalization, as humans we will always be driven by stories.
As a writer, let me already warn you, that your first draft will be as messy as possible. Don’t let that stop you. Because once your draft is complete, you will be coming back to your ebook every week to edit, twist and tweak it. And, you will do it until it looks good, which normally happens after the 3rd or 4th sitting of editing.
How to sell your fitness and wellness ebook?
The ebook is ready and now the million-dollar question is, “How do you sell it?’
If you have surpassed the criteria needed to create an ebook i.e. target audience and solving a pain point, all you need is a succinct strategy to reach out to your audience and promote your ebook now.
Strategic self-promotion and marketing are where most fitness and wellness trainers fall short. This is indeed the most challenging part. So, here are a few steps you must follow to finally get your ebook talking.
- Sales page: As the name suggests, a sales page is where you sell your product. Even though it is YOUR ebook, the sales page must talk about how it can solve YOUR CLIENT’S problem. The sales page is mainly about your client’s pain point and presenting your ebook as the ultimate solution to it. If you are not confident to write, hire a sales page writer to do it.
- Payment method: Considering you are a fitness and wellness trainer, I will take the liberty to assume that your services are global. In such cases, payment methods like Wise or PayPal work effectively. However, if your services are within a geographical location, local payment methods work fine too.
- Lead Magnet: A lead magnet is a free resource that would drive your audience towards your ebook. It could be a document talking about their pain point from the surface. It could also be a quiz around their pain point. The point of the lead magnet is to only touch your target audience’s pain point and subtly provide your ebook as the ultimate solution to it.
- Delivery methods: There are two methods to deliver your ebooks to your clients. Either you can attach the eBook with automated emails or you can redirect your clients to a Thank you page with the download link after they have purchased it.
Like I mentioned in the beginning, an eBook does more to your business than bringing in the dollars.
You have a defined set of a target audience, you know their pain points, you have the solution too. And, now it is time for you to put it all together in an organized way to present it to them.
The tone of your writing is what does the magic here. Empathy is the driving force of any business. Most people have forgotten it. But when you are running an online business, it is your empathy towards your audience that allows them to connect with you.
So write your first fitness and wellness ebook. Show compassion in your words towards your audience. And let them know you feel what they are going through.
An eBook is not just your opportunity to include a source of side income and add to your credibility. It is about you allowing your audience to experience your journey from a feeling of belongingness. Write wisely and make it count.